Forums » Give a shout out where you are from?!

Where are you man?

• April 13, 2011 1:30 PM PDT

Hey guys! I'm from L.A., California, USA. We've got Hollywood, the Sunset Strip, Disneyland and a whole lot of guitar players! Where are you from?!

• 1 posts
    April 13, 2011 1:47 PM PDT
    Charlottesville, VA now (musically, maybe best known as the launching point of Dave Matthews); later this year I'm moving to Seattle!
    • 5 posts
    April 13, 2011 2:06 PM PDT
    EAST COAST here.... PA/NJ border - Poconos PA
    Mike E.T.
    http://www.miketrapp.com
  • April 13, 2011 2:14 PM PDT
    I'm living in Long Beach.
  • April 13, 2011 2:17 PM PDT
    Hey all,

I'm from a beautiful piece of paradise in Australia called Mooloolaba, situated about an hour's drive north from Queensland's captial city, Brisbane. (http://www.google.com.au/search?q=mooloolaba&hl=en&prmd=ivnsm&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=KBCmTeJRhYa5A-rWnIUK&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=956 for pics). American friends who have visited here say it reminds them of a mix of Hawaii and California's beaches and lifestyle, really laid back and easy going, full of friendly people.

Not your typical 'throw another shrimp on the barbie' type of place (however, the Irwin's at Australia Zoo are only 30mins drive from here, so we do get the occasional reason to say crikey, but it is usually associated with looking at nice looking ladies on the beach, not crocodiles).

We have a rich music scene here on the coast with lots of local bands, plenty of 'taverns' to gig in, a few large live venues. The annual events like Big Day Out and Splendor in the Grass happen only 45mins away, and are big enough to draw major international bands.

Come visit one day, you probably won't want to leave.. and most don't! I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
    • 54 posts
    April 13, 2011 2:20 PM PDT
    Nation's capital - Washington, DC! No, not Maryland and not Virginia to all you posers out there.
    • 9 posts
    April 13, 2011 2:50 PM PDT

I am from Orange County.......Santa Ana, California........O.C.. is in the house ! ! !

Where we have everything from great Mexican food to occasional Drive Bye's.....Got to love it here though.

I grew up in Anaheim, Ca. ( yes home of the guy with big ears ) but live happily in Santa Ana now with my awesome family..........We are 25 minutes from the Beach, 60 minutes away from some of the greatest venues for music....The Troubadour - The Roxy Theatre - The Key Club - The Hollywood Bowl - The Greek Theatre etc, 90 minutes from the Mountains and 2 hours from the Deserts.......California Rules!

This post was edited by Roman Valdez at April 15, 2011 8:32 AM PDT
    • 8 posts
    April 13, 2011 2:52 PM PDT

Derry in Ireland, home to a lot of good musicians and singers. Don't claim to reside in either category but I have fun trying.
    http://www.reverbguitaramps.com

http://iguitarblog.com

This post was edited by Tom McCool at April 13, 2011 4:10 PM PDT
    • 11 posts
    April 13, 2011 3:28 PM PDT

Hey, Dan, I'm close to you on the eastern side of DC. I'm in Annapolis, Maryland, and no I don't have a boat of any sort. We do have the US Naval Academy.

This post was edited by Carl Tripodi at April 13, 2011 3:29 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    April 13, 2011 4:01 PM PDT

Hi..... :~)

I am from Sunny......Orange County, Ca.....

Here is a picture I took of the Sunrise at Santa Ana River Lakes during one of our family outings....

This post was edited by Shannon Valdez at April 13, 2011 8:19 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    April 13, 2011 4:11 PM PDT
    From Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania. About 45 minutes from Philadelphia, and about an hour from New York City.
    • 19 posts
    April 13, 2011 4:40 PM PDT

Salutations! I am from Humble, Texas, about 15 minutes northeast of downtown Houston, the 4th largest city in the USA! I am 6 hours from New Orleans, 4.5 hours from Baton Rouge, 4 hours from Shreveport, 4 hours from Dallas, 3 hours from San Antonio, 2.5 hours from Austin, 70 minutes from Galveston and the Gulf of Mexico and about two more guitars away from the poorhouse!

This post was edited by Martin de Vore at April 13, 2011 5:31 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    April 13, 2011 4:44 PM PDT

I am from Perth Western Australia! Where there are lots of beautiful beaches and people. This photo is taken from out the front of my house

• 1 posts
    April 13, 2011 4:46 PM PDT
    Hey Y'all, From Nashville, Tennessee! Originally from Austin, Texas. With a 12 year stint out in California.
    • 6 posts
    April 13, 2011 4:56 PM PDT

I live in Ambridge, PA 26 miles NNW of Pittsburgh, PA

BTW, I shot the photo.

• 4 posts
    April 13, 2011 5:00 PM PDT
    Denver, Colorado.
    Beautiful mountains and rolling plains, but one ugly city. Too close to Kansas, Wyoming, and Utah, so the wind never stops. What ain't suckin' is blowin'.
    • 2 posts
    April 13, 2011 5:07 PM PDT

Pasadena Ca., just over the hill from Hollyweird!

• 1 posts
    April 13, 2011 5:09 PM PDT
    Port Hueneme, California
  • April 13, 2011 5:12 PM PDT

I'm in Atwater, Ca.

• 2 posts
    April 13, 2011 5:22 PM PDT
    I'm in Mesa Az
    • 2 posts
    April 13, 2011 6:40 PM PDT

Hey there everyone!  Steel Wynd is from Northwest Ohio and we play classic rock and we add a touch of orignals!  

• 1 posts
    April 13, 2011 6:51 PM PDT

Coming to you live from Nowhersvile, South Carolina.

• 3 posts
    April 13, 2011 7:59 PM PDT
    Hi....Iowa City, Iowa...Eastern Ia. Go Hawks! Big 10 College town. The heartland...great food & mostly good people....lots of music lovers & musicians hiding here .
    • 5 posts
    April 13, 2011 8:25 PM PDT

I'm from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, where I moved to a little shy of 2 years ago from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia (Tassy was where I was born and raised.) Tassy was always too small for me, just wish I'd realised it earlier, but a new love helped me realise it and here I am, playing bass for one of Melbourne's best cover bands, TSix.

In Tassy, I played bass for sixties underground band, The Breed, and "beatle band", The Fabs. Pryor to that I played in various covers and originals bands from 1979 onwards. I make my own music in my home studio, mostly composing originals and recording them.

• April 13, 2011 11:30 PM PDT

I'm from New Rochelle New York. Nothing to crazy going on here so I took this pic from my bathroom window.